Friday, January 01, 2010

The Infamous First Post

Have you ever had one of those days where you pick up a home magazine and think, “How on earth do these women do it? they run businesses, manage companies, travel, entertain and still have a home worthy of glossy photographs… while I sit behind a desk from 8 to 4 and still can’t find the time to pick up my pants that are lying right next to the hamper.” Well, that’s me. Not the domestic goddess with the gorgeous home, I’m the one who is too domestically inept to navigate the hamper.

Don’t get me wrong… I can cook, bake, sew, craft and clean like you wouldn’t believe (actually, most people don’t believe it). I just have motivational issues. I desperately want to be like all the women i see in magazines, or whose blogs i follow, or that I read about on thenest.com. I really, really do. I just feel like there is a dimmer switch in the “domestic” section of my brain that just needs a little bit of tweaking to reach its full capacity.

I don’t want to look at those pants next to the hamper and say, “Meh, I’ll pick them up when I come back. no big deal.” I want it to be a big deal. I want it to be the end of the freaking world. Okay, so that’s a little melodramatic, but you get my point. I want to find my inner “Country Living” magazine self and give her a hug and welcome her into my life.

This blog is the chronicle of my journey to find my inner domestic sweetheart, and to turn our chaotic house into a tranquil home. There will be a lot of whining and complaining along the way, but I’m determined to find her. I suppose I should pick those pants up before I do…

No comments: